20220717

Wednesday September 1, 1982

 Someone somewhere by the name of Martyn Cole is celebrating his birthday today. Ally and I sang 'Happy Birthday' to him in absentia, whilst we were in bed. 

My tip about the engagement of the chairman's son found its way into the YP and EP. Told Bob about another engagement. Miranda Riley-Smith and a chap called Sampson. Tadcaster brewers.  Busied myself all day. Sarah __________________. 

A socket in the kitchen exploded. No harm done. Shepherd's pie - mounds of it. We discussed how we could never dream of leaving each other. Watched TV. Coronation Street followed by a tribute to Ingrid Bergman. Ally insisted in scraping dried, flaking paint from the window, which put my teeth on edge and the screeching quite disrupted the snippets of 'Casablanca'. To bed in the region of 9. Read Picasso.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...