20220819

Thursday September 23, 1982

 Nothing much. People are looking at the YP Library staff in a new light today. Little rebels that we are. A wind of change is sweeping the YP. Have I said this before?

Made my weekly visit to the Provincial Building Society and deposited £3. It sounds pathetic but in just a few months we've amassed £60. I sat at my typewriter afterwards and concocted a letter to John and Sheila.

Tonight I saw nothing of my wife who was cleaning feverishly for tomorrow's state visit of Mum and Dad. At 10, at my instigation, she leapt up and made profiteroles - simple. Bed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...