20230215

Sunday February 20, 1983

 1st Sunday in Lent

A day of industry. We got up reasonably early again. Ate great chunks of Ally's bread. I set about my brewing and filled twenty large bottles with ale, and then sat down to coffee and cake and we watched Peter Sellers and Irene Handl in 'Heavens Above'. Crufts afterwards. Welsh corgis leaping through hoops and picking up the correct handkerchief, &c. Football afterwards and I sat through that but took down from my bookcase the abridged Pepys and read 1660-1663 - very pleasurable. I have a great desire to obtain the Matthews/Latham diary in nine volumes at £12 each. One day, Michael. Ally has been cleaning and smells like a SRN (I blame the disinfectant). We had a Sunday feast. Yorkshire puddings, brisket, cauliflower cheese, parnsips, new potatoes (Egyptian) and carrots. A splendid repast.  

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...