20230801

Friday April 29, 1983

 Steve O'Connor was here for a few hours and then succumbed to the call of the Second West. I suppose he spent some time looking down on that establishment from the lofty heights of our roof. A temptation that would weaken even the most strong willed person. Later the fitters came from Kitchen Studios and replaced our sink - the third in six months. The enamel is now banished and replaced by a stainless steel sink which doesn't look bad and will not chip or scratch. I took down an old book, which I don't recall looking at previously, of the Plantagenet monarchs from Richard II. This era is all very vague to me and I am ashamed to say I cannot tell you which order the different Edwards and Henrys came. I am OK from Edward IV onwards.

Royal News: The royal tour of Australia ended today and the Prince and Princess of Wales have gone on to the Bahamas to holiday for 10 days with the Romseys, I suspect. It's been a triumph for the princess and the shyness and pink flushes have gone. Ally and I both agree that the princess will return to London pregnant, and another infant prince will be born by next February. On the subject of progency I do hope to give myself an heir shortly. You, dear reader, have waited very patiently for almost two years and I have said very little on the subject, but be assured we have been trying. The signs are that this is it.

We went out at 8 and dined at Mama Mia's Pizzeria on Manningham Lane.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...