20230801

Wednesday April 27, 1983

 Full Moon

I played at Mrs Mopp and went about the house with brushes and cloths. I gave the piano a polish and dusted Augustus and Ocatvius the pot dogs. We have a dispute about Octavius because Ally seems to think he started off with another name. I know for certain they have these names because they are named after two of the sons of King George III. 

When Ally came home we both went out to the fish and chip shop where a nauseating OAP in a Gannex raincoat jumped the queue in front of us. I suppose that he thinks that because he was at Dunkirk he has the right of priority over us. In an fish and chip shop queue I wouldn't even give precedence to the Duke of Edinburgh. We ate like something from a jungle scene and collapsed afterwards. 'Coronation Street' and 'Dallas'. To bed after the news. With volumes, but we don't read.

The Telegraph & Argus had an advert for a barman and I phoned but the landlord told me the vacancy had been filled. It was a pub on Little Horton Lane wherever that is.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...