20230817

Monday May 16, 1983

 Ally felt sick and was uncomfortable all day. I spent the morning doing the washing and hanging it out in the sun. All the old girls on the street are doing the same. Ally came home at 12:30 feeling nauseous and phone the doctor and made an appointment for tomorrow, with Dr Duck, at 12:50. She will go armed with a urine sample. John and his friend Ray called in. They're on the look out for a job after being laid off. He's been earning £3.25 an hour. At the YP I'm sure I only earned about 60p. I gave them a few beers and they went off at about 2. A bashful house husband I ironed for several hours with the curtains closed and then it started to rain and I was amongst the tulips taking in the washing. I roasted a chicken and fed my wilting wife at 6pm. She has been so very uncomfortable all day. She feels hungry then has no appetite once she starts to eat. Queer. 

News: Michael Foot says that if he is victorious he will have everyone back to work by Christmas.

Ally was in bed at 8:30 and I took a hot bath, watched a film, and climbed in to bed at 11:10. 

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...