20230819

Monday May 23, 1983

 Ally stayed at home today. I phoned Patricia and told her she wouldn't be in. We have a letter from Tetley's also asking us to attend an interview on Thursday. I phoned a Mr Drake and altered the appointment to Tuesday May 31. Ally stayed in bed until after 11.

(Gynaecological deletion)

It's odd that Bessie hasn't contacted us since Saturday. I know they were tied up at Windermere, but have since returned to Winchester, and I expected some contact this evening. Ally is their only daughter after all. Such odd behaviour. These Dixons are a cool lot.

We watched the general election stuff on the TV and Ally returned to bed after the nine o'clock news. The Queen has gone to Sweden. The Waleses are going to Canada from June 14 to July 1, and will be away for Prince William's birthday. He's too young to know.

I watched a Raquel Welch film and joined Ally at 11:20. I was far from sleepy and passed a restless night listening to Ally grinding her teeth. She does this often.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...