20230822

Tuesday May 24, 1983

Ally: Thatcherish
 Ally still very sick and horrid. I pace silently around the house. I went out to the shops to buy a newspaper and called at the doctor to collect a self certification form only to find the place locked and bolted. One could be dying. A drab day. 

The general election news is getting me down. It's a drawn conclusion that Mrs Thatcher will be returned to power and so all this fuss seems futile. Mrs Thatcher will be the longest serving prime minister this century. 

Sarah phoned and I had a chat with her and Eileen. It feels so good not having to go into the office.

I'm in no mood to write. Throbbing headache. Warm afternoon. Ally and I into town where she bought a white jacket costing £16. Smart. Very Thatcherish. The vomit held off and she wasn't really with it.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...