20240617

Saturday June 16, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn

The Birthday Honours list is gazetted. Nothing startling, and once again, I'm excluded. Mrs Thatcher has nominated no new life peerages. I always go straight to the Royal Victorian Order - I'd have a GCVO. 

Downstairs we dutifully watched the Trooping the Colour.  Prince William made a balcony appearance. The Queen Mother was in a carriage with the Princess of Wales, and for the first time in many years - no Duke of Beaufort. 

To Linfood and spent £90 on Pearl wedding party nosh. Drove away heavily laden.

This afternoon. Bought Samuel a pushchair and pushed him around sticky Leeds. Bought Edinburgh cut glass tumblers - four - for £18. John will go halves. Steered clear of Laura Ashley. A costly day.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday August 10, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Sandy (left) and chum. My first guinea pig, Sandy, was born 20 years ago today. Blimey, what a brain I have. What a memory. O...