20240617

Sunday June 17, 1984

 Trinity Sunday

Father's Day

Moorhouse Inn

Extremely warm. Samuel, in bed, gave me a card and a yellow silk tie. Ally says she wouldn't allow him to spend much on me. Quite right. At 2:30 Ally, Sammy and I went out on to the moor, or whatever it is you call the park thing surrounding the pub, and we sun bathed for an hour or so on a grassy embankment. Of course we had an audience from the high rise flats. I slept soundly for an hour until a discarded 'Sunday People' blew onto my face. Litter louts. Samuel's eyes looked puffy and he was itching to sneeze.. Is he perhaps like us? Sproggy, &c. I do hope not. I have always like fur and feathers but they have never liked me. Back to the Moorhouse thirsty at 5 o'clock. What a lovely Father's Day. Phoned Horton. The clan were assembled there, minus Susie, who went back to the Clarendon wing at 2:30. Mum says (Uncle) Bert is arriving at Leeds tomorrow.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday August 10, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn Sandy (left) and chum. My first guinea pig, Sandy, was born 20 years ago today. Blimey, what a brain I have. What a memory. O...