20240618

Thursday June 28, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

A most traumatic day. Leslie (Gledhill) and F.O'Brien came here at 7 o'clock and the tension and the sense of over hanging evil became immediately apparent. Fran O'Brien was his usual gloating arrogant self and Leslie quite the opposite looked quite sad as we went around inspecting the pub. LG obviously shocked by FO'B's attitude. Ally and I are of course quite used to it. The little shit even inspected the contents of our fridge. Poking around in the blocks of cheese and slices of gammon. Downstairs the two area managers disagreed over the price of our Planter's Dry Roasted Nuts and FO'B, still gloating, accused LG of fiddling. That was the final straw. LG hit the roof and grabbed Fran by the throat and dragged him outside onto to the green. I stood open mouthed, aghast at the brawl. They came back in afterwards and LG bought a lager for me and downed one himself. Fran stood near the clock like a frightened rodent. They then left separately. Rob (Piper) walked in and I told him of the fracas. He was gleeful. I shouldn't have told anyone. He says Kath is pregnant. Later I spoke to Roy Barnes and told Marie of the events of the evening. LG phoned me at midnight to apologise. 'Two wrongs don't make a right', he said. He added that we have a good pub and are good managers and that Fran O'Brien will not get away with treating him in such a way. He seemed half cut.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 15, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Phoned Horton and spoke to my prodigal parents. Ally has to go to the brewery next week on a food hygiene course and I...