20240822

Thursday September 6, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

Samuel was weighed yesterday at the clinic on Beeston Hill, and weighed in at 16lb 4oz. He is a tiny, but well put together chap. He is fattening out but shows no signs of sprouting teeth. He regularly claps his hands, and rocks backwards and forwards as he moves around the flat, but will not crawl. He may decide to move backwards (JPH did) because he tends to plunge backwards for his toys, &c. He topples and bangs his head countless times a day, but cries about this less and less.

World News: Canada has a new prime minister. The Prince of Wales is to feature on the BBCs 'Jackanory' telling the tale of 'The Old Man of Lochnagar'. I do hope that HRH isn't lowering the monarchy too much. Sometimes I wonder. I avoided the Laitner murder trial today because I wanted to enjoy my tea.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 8, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Columbus Day, USA / Thanksgiving Day Canada Stand well back, I have a cold. Not a cold exactly, but my throat is dry, ...