20240822

Tuesday September 4, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

We are very cross about Peter Nason. Like lots of people - he has an aversion to credit. I see nothing wrong with accepting a loan from a relative, do you? I was putting on no charges or added interest and didn't expect to be paid back until 1987, or even early in the next century. But oh no Peter has to afford and to pay for everything himself. Pride. It's a tiresome thing. Will 21 Thorpe Lane become theirs? Ally thinks the holiday is now spoiled because Samuel would have had the company of his cousins, and now he'll be the only child there.

Ally and I worked tonight without staff. Karen is away in the Lake District. We annoy our customers because we are so unpredictable in our actions. The OAPs are nervous and edgy.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 8, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Columbus Day, USA / Thanksgiving Day Canada Stand well back, I have a cold. Not a cold exactly, but my throat is dry, ...