20240822

Sunday September 9, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds

12th Sunday after Trinity

Ally spent all day in bed after the debauchery of last night. I got up and gave Samuel breakfast, did the tills, and bottled up. It's all go. This afternoon I slept on the settee with the Sunday Telegraph over my face. Mummy and Daddy came after 6. Samuel played with them for a while and then went off to bed and slept soundly. It was a vile, wet evening. Dad and I went out and spent £10 on the Chinese take-away food and returned to watch 'Lace' a small screen adaptation of that awful Shirley Conran book. We sent Dad downstairs for drinks and he came back with a traty at frequent intervals. To bed by 12 or so.  They looked well, but Mum is never quite herself these days. Why?

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday October 8, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Columbus Day, USA / Thanksgiving Day Canada Stand well back, I have a cold. Not a cold exactly, but my throat is dry, ...