20200331

Friday November 23, 1979

_. Up at 6:30. Drank black coffee with Ally. She drove me into Bradford at 8 and I got a bus into Leeds which got me to the office for 8:30. I felt quite healthy taking all things into consideration.

Dave B met me in the mini at 5:30 and on we went to Bradford and met Ally and Lynn at the Norfolk Gardens Hotel. They were drinking very expensive lager and devouring peanuts and little cheese biscuits. On we went to the cinema to see a couple of Peter Sellers 'Pink Panther' epics, 'The Revenge of the Pink Panther' and 'The Return of the Pink Panther'. Excellent viewing. On to Lidget Green at 10:30 for a couple of drinks and fish and chips. Bed at 12:30. Ally couldn't sleep and drifted downstairs reading Evelyn Waugh and drinking milk.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...