_. Up at 10:30. Lynn and David were in the bathroom singing Gilbert and Sullivan numbers. After toast and coffee off they dashed to Burley in Wharfedale to play 'happy married couples' and Ally and I went into Bradford and spent an hour in WH Smith's reading royal books. The Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales are the main subjects of royal biographies these days.
Ally and I fought all day, but the proceedings are not worth recording. She was very successful in antagonising and infuriating me. She actually stated that she is allergic to me. I came home and had a bath and then washed the car. On to Burley in W for dinner and on to the Queen's Arms which, for some odd reason, Dave finds pleasurable. Ally was miserable. It would have been more fun drinking with the Ayatollah Khomeini.
Back at the house we watched the Marx Brothers.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday March 13, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Saw Caroline again. She handed me a flimsy garment for my 'Tarzan act' tomorrow. Bloody hell, I take ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment