20200331

Saturday November 24, 1979

_. Up at 10:30. Lynn and David were in the bathroom singing Gilbert and Sullivan numbers. After toast and coffee off they dashed to Burley in Wharfedale to play 'happy married couples' and Ally and I went into Bradford and spent an hour in WH Smith's reading royal books. The Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales are the main subjects of royal biographies these days.

Ally and I fought all day, but the proceedings are not worth recording. She was very successful in antagonising and infuriating me. She actually stated that she is allergic to me. I came home and had a bath and then washed the car. On to Burley in W for dinner and on to the Queen's Arms which, for some odd reason, Dave finds pleasurable. Ally was miserable. It would have been more fun drinking with the Ayatollah Khomeini.

Back at the house we watched the Marx Brothers.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...