_. Thoroughly exhausted and dead to the world all day. Jim passed me furtive glances on our journey to Leeds. I think he suspects I have an alcohol problem.
Sarah is away again. These attacks of illness are becoming far too frequent. She's become so dull since taking up with Richard Burke.
Ally came over at 8 and after stocking up with a couple of bottles from the off-license we settled down and watched Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in 'Bonnie and Clyde'. It's a good film and I've seen it on numerous occasions. The conversation is horribly crude when we get together with Sue & Pete. They can be quite foul. It's only Ally who clings on to her decency.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment