20200318

Sunday September 30, 1979

_.

16th Sunday after Trinity

I made breakfast and behaved in a nauseatingly cheerful fashion. I am not one to carry on grudges and continue with last night's squabble. John, Maria and JPH came over this afternoon. They breezed in for an hour. It's little John's third birthday today. He was quite bedazzled by the presents and looked so embarrassed when we all sang 'Happy Birthday'. He covered his eyes and smeared his face with chocolate. Ally played with him and showed him the farm which Mama had bought him. Lynn and Dave made a flying visit. Big John looked fighting fit and so thin. Maria filled me in on the horrific tragedy at the Phillips residence.

Watched Peter Sellers in 'The Magic Christian'. Peter and I were in hysterics.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...