20200318

Thursday September 27, 1979

_. Phoned Ally when I arrived home from work at 5:30. She called me 'a miserable boy'. Most incorrect. I just laughed it off and took a long bath. I then grilled six fish fingers and drizzled them with prawn cocktail sauce and put Blondie on the record player. Ally arrived whilst Debbie Harry was in full throttle.

Off we went to Lynn and Dave's. L was dressed to kill. Dave looked dull and washed out. I said: "Oh it's going to one of those sort of nights". On to the Rose & Crown, then Oakwood Hall. Dave refused to dance and stood in a glum posture looking down his nose at 'the youngsters'. Ally remarked that it must be married life taking effect, but you know how cynical she is about that Holy estate. Lynne and Dave left before us.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...