20200412

Monday February 4, 1980

_. A large offering of snow. Travelling to and from Leeds in snow cannot adequately or accurately be conveyed on paper by one who is virtually illiterate.

Read in the unreliable New of the World that Princess Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg and her parents have had an audience of the Pope at the Vatican. The paper says that the meeting was to discuss the possibility of Marie-Astrid's marriage to the Prince of Wales. It is a pleasant thought for one who likes to see blue blood marry blue blood, but I cannot ever see such a union taking place. I stick to my 'English rose' of the British aristocracy theory, despite such juicy morsels that the Queen is so impressed with the Luxembourg princess that she has a framed photo of her upon her desk at Balmoral. The Prince of Wales has yet to meet his princess - I am sure of this.

Candice Bergen: helped me thaw out.
Left the YP at 4:15 because of the driving snow. The bus took 3 hours to reach Guiseley. A plane came down on the Harrogate Road at Yeadon which might have added to the delay.

Candice Bergen was on the telly, in a film, and she helped me thaw out. I phoned Auntie Mabel and told her that weather permitting, Ally and I would take tea with her on Thursday.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...