20200412

Saturday February 2, 1980

_. Snow. Out tonight with Ally, Lynn and Dave to the Emmott Arms, then the Fleece at Horsforth before going on to Jacq's birthday party. I had worried throughout the day, thinking that the snow might put paid to our plans. You know how peculiar Lynn can be about snow lying on the ground.

To Jacq's for 11. Ally and I quarrelled because we got lost on the way. 68, Stanmore Drive proved elusive. Jacq and Paul are truly entwined. It was a good night but the booze flowed too rapidly, and to my horror, at some late hour, I discovered that our supply had expired, whereas I'm usually expired first. Lynn and Dave set off to leave at 3, but Dave started a snowball fight, which came indoors. Jacq's sitting room resembled the south face of the Eiger. Quite riotous. Ally and I slept there on a sofa like refugees. Ally met Eamonn Burke for the first time since June.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...