20200401

Thursday December 6, 1979

_. At 1pm I went out to do some shopping. My purchases included two dusters and a sink sterilising kit - wedding presents for MM and Marita.

Marita was having a farewell party at the Central and I took the peculiar yet innovative gifts along with a card I created for the forthcoming wedding. I was somewhat embarrassed at the reception my card received. It was circulated throughout the pub, to much hilarity and applause. I made my escape back to the safety of the YP.

Out tonight with dear Ally to the Drop. This pub is rapidly soaring to the heights of our affection. Jean Hanson, the adorable tenant, knows us almost as well as her own incarcerated family. I say incarcerated because young Geoffrey, her son, is frequently behind bars somewhere, and not the drinking kind.  The lad always looks so innocent and angelic too.

Fish and chips in Guiseley.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...