20200401

Friday November 30, 1979

_. St Andrew's Day, eh? Felt exhausted at the YP and only just survived until 4:30. At home I hurriedly packed things into a bag. Lynn and Dave arrived and we went first to Ally's and loaded up the mini with the presents she's bought the family and then down the motorway in driving rain to Hampshire. I slept most of the way. The Northamptonshire police stopped us to say we had a brake light out, but allowed us on our way without too much harassment. They obviously had no idea who my father is. Arrive at Chillandham Cross at 1am to a reception committee of Mrs Dixon and Graham.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...