20200509

Friday April 11, 1980

_, I spent the small hours washing glasses and was joined by Dmitri, the Persian cat from next door.
By the time I climbed into bed I already had a hangover. At 7 I regained consciousness and ignored Ally's pleas that she may be excused her daily labours at Bradford AHA. I was firm and poured hot, black coffee over her to persuade her to quit the festering pit. Once up she scampered around and left at high speed at 8am.

I had lunch with Jacq at the Ostlers. She arrived looking very dull and proceeded to describe how her house has been burgled and stripped of every item of value over the Easter holiday. She and Paul returned from Trixie's in London to find a desolate ruin. The thieves swiped all her record collection, and even her leaking iron. Saturday's party is now cancelled. The poor girl is really disillusioned with mankind. Had a few pints in the dismal atmosphere and returned to the YP at 2.

Mum and Dad left for a weekend of peace and tranquillity in Northumberland. At 7 I phoned John at Molly's and he came over at 8:30 - Maria drove him to ours with Janette. We went to the White Cross , then the Fox and Hounds (with Sue and Pete) and then on to the New Inn at Guiseley, which was packed. We saw Ken, and I asked him to come show a few 'films' tomorrow. John and I were quite pissed, whisky. On the way to the New Inn we saw Maria parked up there, gassing with Christine Airey. _______. Ally came at midnight and stayed the night. We drove John back to Ridgeway and the two of us sat in the car, still open roofed._______.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...