20200512

Friday April 25, 1980

_. Ghastly hangover. To the YP but took a half day and left at 12 to a lecture from Mama on how to behave at her social gatherings. Peter and I became somewhat over excited last night and had a bit of a beer fight in the kitchen. She said she'd spent all morning cleaning up the mess caused by my 'mindless behaviour'. I ruined her evening, evidently. She then walked out and up the lane to administer comfort and lend her sparkling charm to Muriel Rawnsley, who is in a state of severe depression.

Ally phoned when I was in the bath. The phone always rings when I'm submerged.

Out tonight with Dave L. Had a few drinks with Sue and Pete at the Fox and Hounds and then Dave and I went to the New Inn. Saw Ken, the projectionist. MM and Marita dominated our conversation.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...