20200512

Saturday April 26, 1980

_. Hot day. Went to Ally's at 11:30 and spent a hideous afternoon stripping the wallpaper from her bedroom walls. She busied herself with the vacuum cleaner. All very domesticated. Took at hot bath at 5:30 and sat aching from the strain of my labours.

Lynn and Dave came over at 8. We went for a few drinks to Thornton and then on to the Belfry for dinner - a treat from Ally no less. Ally disagreed with me when I said I thought the owner, Mrs Hartley, was a ______. Ally looked lovely in a new gown. Dave drank like a fish but Lynn abstained in order to chauffeur us back to Club Street. Lynn clutching a glass of tonic water, a rare sight.

Back at Slumber Towers we danced and talked until dawn. Dave came upstairs to inspect the damp patches.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...