20200512

Sunday April 27, 1980

_. 3rd Sunday after Easter

Ally and I were the first up at 9:25. We fried eggs and bacon. At 10:30 Ally went off to the Belfry and I returned home with Lynn and Dave. I sat reading the Sunday papers. Lynn discussed life with Mum and Dad and poor Dave was laid flat out like a 13th century effigy in Westminster Abbey. Back to the Sunday papers. President Carter is up to his knees in merde over Iran and his failure to release the hostages. It's been a complete cock-up, in fact. I do feel very sorry for the president. My opinion of Jimmy Carter has changed in the past 6 months, and I am sure he will be re-elected in November. Can you imagine Ronald Reagan as president?

Lynn and Dave went home at lunchtime. I sat reading 'The ABC Murders' [again] by Dame Agatha Christie. Saw Rosamond John in an old film. Isn't she the wife of would-be Labour party leader John Silkin, MP? Later saw Liv Ullman in the film 'Pope Joan', based on the legend of the 9th century female who ascended the throne of St Peter, and died in childbirth. 'Pope dies in childbirth', just imagining the headline in the EP.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...