20200514

Friday May 9, 1980

_. Up at 9. Dad drove me at 9:50 to see Dr Purdy. He prodded around under my shirt and gave me a note to take back to the office on Monday.

Later spent a few hours giving Dad some assistance in the garden.

Phoned Ally at the AHA and then set about compiling a massive epistle to her [well over 10 pages], much to Mummy's amazement, who sat gasping in wonderment at my literary capabilities. She was in fact viewing me through he her new £56 spectacles. Peter would call them 'spregs'.

John phoned from Lochans with JPH. He's found a job working evenings as a paint sprayer at a Scottish crash helmet factory [Kangol]. At least he can spend his days getting on with the renovations at Corner House Cottage. Little JPH was amusing, and explained he'd been helping his Dad plastering.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...