20200514

Wednesday May 7, 1980

_. An industrious day in bed writing letters to Ally, Dave L and Auntie Delia - it's Delia's birthday today.

My letter to David was a lengthy reply to the masterpiece he sent me way back in March in his famous 'olde worlde' hand.

I didn't wake up until 10. Sat with boiled eggs and toast reading the hideous Daily Mail, which can be digested in total in three minutes. Why Mama insists upon this shocking paper I will never know.

This afternoon I finished reading the laborious tale of Lillie Langtry's romance with Edward VII. From start to finish I had no interest in the book and but for the fact that I am a captive audience [after all I am bed bound] I would have discarded it days ago.

I phoned Sarah at 2:30 and told her she wouldn't be seeing me again until Monday. 'Keep in touch' were her parting words.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...