_. I failed to mention yesterday that we stormed the Iranian embassy and freed the hostages, held captive since last Wednesday. We observed the drama on the Makin's telly in Windermere. It was a bit of decent Bank Holiday viewing that put 'Disney Time' and the 'Alan Whicker Special' to shame.
I woke up at 8, and feeling no better, I phoned Sarah with the news that I would not be in the office today. I sat in bed all day reading.
Mum and Dad went out at 5:30 after laying a new pink carpet in the lavatory [it now resembles the Petit Trianon]. Susan made eggs and bacon.
Dave L phoned. He told me that MM and Marita cannot make it to Ally's on May 17. I suppose I will be hearing from them this week. I will write a violent letter to them on the subject.
Ally phoned for a bulletin. I have replaced President Tito as far as medical bulletins are concerned.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday March 21, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ As you have no doubt fathomed by now our plans to move from the Moorhouse have grounded on the rocks of apath...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ 5th Sunday after Trinity Bessie phoned. Andrew and Lorraine are to live in un-marital bliss in a £29,000 mais...
No comments:
Post a Comment