20200513

Tuesday May 6, 1980

_. I failed to mention yesterday that we stormed the Iranian embassy and freed the hostages, held captive since last Wednesday. We observed the drama on the Makin's telly in Windermere. It was a bit of decent Bank Holiday viewing that put 'Disney Time' and the 'Alan Whicker Special' to shame.

I woke up at 8, and feeling no better, I phoned Sarah with the news that I would not be in the office today. I sat in bed all day reading.

Mum and Dad went out at 5:30 after laying a new pink carpet in the lavatory [it now resembles the Petit Trianon]. Susan made eggs and bacon.

Dave L phoned. He told me that MM and Marita cannot make it to Ally's on May 17. I suppose I will be hearing from them this week. I will write a violent letter to them on the subject.

Ally phoned for a bulletin. I have replaced President Tito as far as medical bulletins are concerned.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...