20200513

Friday May 2, 1980

_. No horrible after effects this morning and I rolled into the YP from my Bradford shooting box leaving a scantily clad Ally waving on her doorstep, creating juicy gossip for the other residents of Rue Club.

Kathleen, our beloved chief librarian, having no affiliation to a trade union, and with no desire to join one, disappeared down into the case room to carry out work which has been abandoned by the NGA members. Because of this desertion she expects me to work tomorrow morning, taking her place in the library. This is distasteful. I am no muggins. I took a half day to go home and decorate and instructed Mum that should the office ring and ask for me she is to advise them that I have gone to Windermere until Monday morning. The office did indeed phone, and Mum did inform them of my sudden departure for the Lake District. I feel that I have the moral high ground withholding my labours, and Papa agrees with me.

Mum and Dad took me to the Belfry at 10pm and when Ally finished her shift at 10:30 the two of us went over to the 'In Time' disco in Leeds to join Graham and Gill, who are in Yorkshire with a party of friends attending a wedding. We all went back to Club St after 2. Graham and Gill saw the house for the first time and both were very impressed. In Hampshire you can pay £50,000 for a shoe box.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...