_. No horrible after effects this morning and I rolled into the YP from my Bradford shooting box leaving a scantily clad Ally waving on her doorstep, creating juicy gossip for the other residents of Rue Club.
Kathleen, our beloved chief librarian, having no affiliation to a trade union, and with no desire to join one, disappeared down into the case room to carry out work which has been abandoned by the NGA members. Because of this desertion she expects me to work tomorrow morning, taking her place in the library. This is distasteful. I am no muggins. I took a half day to go home and decorate and instructed Mum that should the office ring and ask for me she is to advise them that I have gone to Windermere until Monday morning. The office did indeed phone, and Mum did inform them of my sudden departure for the Lake District. I feel that I have the moral high ground withholding my labours, and Papa agrees with me.
Mum and Dad took me to the Belfry at 10pm and when Ally finished her shift at 10:30 the two of us went over to the 'In Time' disco in Leeds to join Graham and Gill, who are in Yorkshire with a party of friends attending a wedding. We all went back to Club St after 2. Graham and Gill saw the house for the first time and both were very impressed. In Hampshire you can pay £50,000 for a shoe box.
-=-
The journal of a Yorkshire lad from the age of 17 in 1973 through several decades .... Transcribing from handwritten volume to blog may take some time ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday March 19, 1987
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Clemmie. Clemmie has cut her first tooth. Ally thought she could feel it yesterday and today I felt the tiny ...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Stock take at 10am. A £30 deficit. No staff. Sir John Colville's book came in the post, and I flicked thr...
-
Moorhouse Inn, Leeds LS11 5NQ Bank Holiday in Scotland Dad enters the 54th year of his age looking well, with fresh complexion, but almost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment