20200513

Wednesday April 30, 1980

_. Regained consciousness at 10am. Panic reigned. My head, my eyes, my everything. I phoned the YP to be told that the boss is far from happy. Well, I wasn't exactly jubilant either. I went out and got a train to Leeds, and walked into the office at 11:25am. A day of rumblings and deep trauma. I really wanted to take the afternoon off, but thought better of broaching the subject. I couldn't eat my sandwiches and cast them into the bin.

The NGA strike continues and at 2:20 we [that is NATSOPA members] were summoned to a ridiculous meeting in the appropriately named theatre. A silly bitch in sunglasses, a union official, requested that we only carry out our own set of menial duties, and if the NGA ask us to perform any task we have to say 'no'. Ludicrous, if you ask me. By tea time I had recovered enough to walk out of the building and venture homeward. I helped Dad daub paint on the staircase.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...