20200526

Saturday June 14, 1980

_. Dave L is 25 today. Ally arrived at 10:30 with a copy of the Times. Mum and Dad left at 11 for a week in Northumberland, disappearing down the lane in a deluge. I sat and watched the Trooping of the Colour. A remarkable spectacle.

At 12 Chippy arrived with Dave W and Ally, Sue [with newly permed hair] and I went with them to the Shoulder. Joined by Pete. On at 2:30 to the White Cross. I'm financially embarrassed and Dave W came to my rescue and gave me the loan of £5. Ally is working at the Belfry and so I agreed to go with Chippy, Debbie and Dave W to the Square and Compass, near Huby, or wherever. Ally went off at 6 but came back at 8 saying her services at the Belfry were not required. Lynn phoned and we arranged to see them at the Square and Compass too. It was a pleasant night. Lynn and Chippy don't usually see eye to eye. Ally looking lovely, like a stick of Blackpool rock, in a new striped dress. All back to Pine Tops at 11:30 for wine and coffee. Chippy & Co went to Bradford for a curry, and Ally and I sat with Lynn and Dave B for a few hours.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...