20200527

Sunday June 15, 1980

_. 2nd Sunday after Trinity

Brighter. Up at 10:30. Ally went late to the Belfry and Sue and Pete joined me for breakfast and then went to West End Terrace. In a domesticated fashion I did the washing up listening to a booming 'Saturday Night Fever' album, courtesy of the Bee Gees.

Mum and Dad phoned from Rothbury, near Morpeth. It is Father's Day and he thanked me for the card, in which I had inserted £3. The weather isn't too bad up there, and they are walking out this afternoon in search of a hospitable alehouse. 

I watched a revolting Tony Curtis film, 'The Black Shield of Falworth'. A nauseating historical drama. 

Sue and Pete returned at 4, and Ally rolled in shortly afterwards. We all dined together and watched TV until midnight. Peter insisted we watch England v. Italy in the European Cup. A fiasco, and obviously we lost. Ally was cuddled up next to me reading 'Busman's Honeymoon'. I took up 'N or M' by Agatha Christie, and it was in this position that we both fell to sleep, our books sliding to the carpet. Susan put it down to age. Ally remained the night. Bed 12:10am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...