20200507

Sunday April 6, 1980

_. Easter Day

This is supposed to be a continuation of the previous entry. For most of the night I was out of it, on another planet. It's all very vague. The shaving foam orgy must have brought me round. We spent some time down in the cellar, me wearing Susan's underskirt. Dave L had a whale of a time. My last sighting of him was as he drove down Club Street smeared in toothpaste. He had passed the last few hours in a mound of soil from a broken plant pot under the piano.

Ally left at 10 to go to the Belfry. How she did that I will never know. We survivors cleared the debris. I sat under the dining table drinking gin and lime. Johnny joined me, with a glass of water, just because he wanted to 'drink me under the table'. Some folk danced around the rotating washing pole thing in the garden, in maypole style.

From Bradford we drove to Guiseley depositing the lads at various spots en route to Pine Tops. I stood around for a while, looking pained, and eventually gave in and went to bed. Maria and the children arrived and the noise was too hideous for one so delicate. Baby Catherine slept for a couple of hours in Mum's bed, and looked like a little peach.

Ally finished her shift and came over at 3. We went over to Ilkley, roof down, and had ice creams and bottles of pop on the moor. She did an evening shift from 6:30.

I helped JPH eat his Easter eggs.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...