20200507

Tuesday April 8, 1980

_. To the YP. Leeds still dead because most of the populace are away for Easter. Newspapers are a bloody nuisance at Bank Holiday times. At 1pm I met Ally at the Central for drinkies, and took with me a batch of photographs which arrived this morning from Shropshire. [Oh yes, I always get my snaps developed in Shropshire]. Ally looked a little dot clad in my cobalt blue woolly sweater. We discussed the events of Saturday night, Sunday morning. Ally moaned about her hair. The perm hasn't taken properly. Like Lynn she is quite neurotic where hair is involved. She went off at 2:20 to buy a new dress and I returned to the YP. She came back for me at 4:45. She is so much happier now her finances are in a healthier state. We got to Guiseley in 15 minutes.

John is home from Stranraer and he and Maria were at Pine Tops, with bottles, babies, linen and food stuffs. 'Hello kid' was his welcome to me. Hard to believe we haven't seen him since Christmas.

Ally went off to the Belfry at 6:30. We arranged to go out with John and Maria on Thursday.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...