20210622

Wednesday December 16, 1981

 Snow and Poland. Little else.

The snow delayed my journey and I didn't get home until 7:45pm. Coronation Street was in full swing when I fell through the door blue with cold and shaking with rage. I had been stood outside the YP for an hour, and the temperature on the clock there proclaimed 21F.

Club St or Gstaad?

For the first time in many years the River Aire has frozen in Leeds. Some say that it last froze over in 1963, and you always get one who throws in 1947. I certainly never remember anything quite like it.

We dined on spaghetti. She was worried about me. I've never been so late home. Not like _____ who only returns home to his wife when the pub closes.

Dad phoned asking for his car battery charger. His car is having trouble now. No way can we dig out the car and drive over. Club Street looks like Gstaad.

After thawing in front of the TV we retired to bed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...