20221105

Friday November 12, 1982

 I was up at 6:20 washing up the dishes from last night and preparing breakfast. To Leeds with Jacq at 8. Derek Sate has bought an apartment in Tenerife.

News: I object to our newspapers filling page after page with obituaries of Brezhnev. It's unfair. If Margaret Thatcher died today would you suppose  that she'd be on page one of Pravda tomorrow? The evil of communism is that the powers keep the poor ignorant populace in the dark. The Russian public are the only people on earth I suspect not to have heard of Lady Diana. The new Russian leader is Yuri Andropov, of the KGB.

Ally was in bed for 9. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...