20221105

Friday November 19, 1982


 The weather is quite amazing. I don't think I will ever forget the feeling as I stepped off the plane yesterday. Up for eggs and bacon in the kitchen. Inspect the house. It's built around a central courtyard filled with exotic plants and trees. Our bedroom has a beamed ceiling and impressive headboard. The sitting room is large and cool with a fireplace worthy of Blenheim Palace for its size. The dining table is twenty feet long and a crystal chandelier hangs above. Sheila took us to Playa Blanca, a quiet spot to the south of the island. Her car took us through some amazing scenery. Very prehistoric and haunting. John says the island attracts lots of ESP types. Ally and I had sangria. Sheila drank only coffee because she's taking anti-biotics for a septic tooth. Joined by John and his Spanish business partner, Prudencio, at lunch where we ate fish in various shapes and forms. Ally and I left them afterwards and went to lay on the beach until 5. To the Victoria Inn for dinner. It's owned by an Englishman with a Norwegian wife. Pepper steaks, &c. Ally has the runs and the Scandinavian lady gave her a pill. Back at Macher John and I sat in the courtyard with a bottle of brandy. The ladies retired. We sat looking at the stars and attempted to solve the world's problems. John tells me he has a 'Rhodes index'  - similar to the IQ test - but based on personality, charisma and humour, &c. He believes in green men from outer space, ghosts, reincarnation, the whole damn lot. Bed, pissed, at 2am.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...