20221105

Tuesday November 16, 1982

More rain. We'd be feeling quite jolly if it wasn't for poor Auntie Hilda (White). At the YP I told them I want tomorrow off to attend the funeral and Kathleen makes me take a half day, my last half day of the year, and presumably throws in another half day out of sympathy. This is from the woman who took months off last year because her father was unwell. Hardly fair. 

Worked until 4 and then went to buy £110 travellers cheques from Thomas Cook, and £15 in pesetas. I also collected a metro card for next month. Home to Ally and chicken sandwiches at 6.

Out to Guiseley and Sue and Pete's at 7. Sue looks lovely with a new short hairstyle. Mum and Dad arrived at 8. We argued, yet again _____________. John came in at 10. Dad drove us home at 12. Talk about Horton-in-Ribblesdale. Ally says she now sees from where Lynn derives her wild enthusiasm. 

To bed.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...