20221106

Monday November 29, 1982

 The frost continues. We were cheerful at breakfast and sat eating home made bread and jam. Ally takes too long eating and dropped jam everywhere then blamed me saying I make her laugh too much.

To the YP. Sarah's last Monday until after her librarian exams. Quite gloomy really. Went out at 1:30 and ate a sandwich in the park. I regard Park Square as my own. A silly woman was covered head to foot in pigeons.

Phoned Guiseley but got no response. They must still be in Norfolk. Phoned Ally. We are dining with David and Jean Watts on December 9. 

Queen Helen of Rumania, a first cousin of the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 86. She was the second wife of the lecherous King Carol II, and the mother of King Michael.

Tonight we had sandwiches and pots of tea. Poverty stricken we are after last week's jaunt to the Canaries. Still, it was worth it. At the office they are jealous as hell of my winter holiday and it's hardly been mentioned since I got back. 

Coronation St. Ally irons and reads 'Penmarric' by Susan Howatch. She tried knitting but gave up. She has bought baby clothes on Duckworth Lane for Christmas for Frances and Christopher. We switched the TV off at 8. Millions of people just sit watching like cabbages every night. We carried sandwiches up to bed and read our books. Finished Ken Follett. Slept near 12.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...