20221117

Thursday December 23, 1982


 Festive. Cold. Went to Denton's at lunch and wrote a cheque for £36. for the amethyst and gold ring I've had my eye on for Ally for weeks. It was a relief to see it was still on the shelf. Bought Asti Spumante for the office fuddle tomorrow, if that's what it is. I often think it's more like a funeral.

Met Ally at Rackham's at 6:30 and we spent two hours walking around the shops. They stayed open until 9 tonight for the maniacal, hysterical shoppers. Bought napkins for Bessie and a dressing gown for Frank, &c. Home. Pork pies by the fire. Mario Lanza warbling in the background. Ally gave me a typewriter! I never guessed. She loves the amethyst ring. A perfect fit. Duran Duran's LP. Exhausted. 

Noel! Our second married one.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...