20221117

Tuesday December 28, 1982

 Bank Holiday in UK & Republic of Ireland

Up with the larks. Ally and I spent the morning cutting sandwiches, making sausages on sticks, &c. James, one of the godfathers arrived, and an order came through to the kitchen to make sandwiches for him. Am I am a servant, or what? 

The Cricketers.
Matthew Frank Graham Dixon was baptised at Kingsworthy Church by his maternal grandfather at 3pm. Baby bawled throughout which was fun. Tea and sandwiches back at Chillandham Cross afterwards. We did have sparkling wine to toast the infant. Ally and I had a lift back to the house with Dr Gaffikin, the GP who 'looked after her' several years ago. He's a little man in a double breatsed waistcoat._________. 

Afterwards we decamped to the Cricketer's Arms at Easton just for a few, and left at 8:30. A good journey. Home to Bradford at 12. Bessie will miss us. I think we have helped this Christmas.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...