20221117

Tuesday December 21, 1982

 Thrilling luncheon with Sarah, Margo and Carol J at Da Mario's (as usual). Devoured the usual panzerotti and gallon of wine. The dark, Latin waiter took a fancy to Margo and she got extra cream on her Black Forest gateau as a result. It was a sombre affair quite in keeping with tradition. I only hope I'll be gone from the library by this time next year, though I cannot see how.

I am going to have to bring all my very great acting powers to the fore on Friday at the annual exchange of Christmas gifts twixt the library staff. I am giving Mrs Slocombe the Bronnley soaps which she herself gave to Sarah on Sarah's birthday only a month ago. We believe that Marilyn Wheeler gave the soaps to Mrs Slocombe, who then passed them on to Sarah, who then gave them to me to give back to Mrs S! So wonderfully wicked and fun.

The Lada estate is here. We went over to Pudsey at 8 with our cards. Jill and Tim came and Di and Paul brought a video recorder and we watched our wedding tape. Home at 12 after two glasses of cucumber wine.

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...