20230217

Monday February 28, 1983

 At the YP Betty phoned from photo sales to say the pic of my grandparents is ready and I went down with a cheque. She said I look very much like my grandmother. Nobody has ever said that before. Left the ofice at 4 and went to the National Coach Station and bought a couple of tickets for Saturday's visit to Stockport. Another cheque. £5.50 this time. I queued for ten minutes behind a guy buying a return ticket to Plymouth only to find he was £2 short and had to go away empty handed grumbling into his anorak. 

Dined on avocado and prawns and breast of lamb. I was home an hour early and we met on the doorstep in a grip of passion.  'Coronation Street' and 'Panorama'. Poor old Sir Keith Joseph is far from 100 per cent.

The Queen is taking the USA by storm. Her Majesty's first tour of the west coast. Blimey, I haven't mentioned Peter Tatchell, have I? Last Thursday he suffered defeat in the election at Bermondsey to the Liberal SDP candidate. (Michael) Foot is done for. Labour is dead and David Steel will be leader of the opposition in May, 1984. That is if Roy Jenkins doesn't get his way. Perhaps I should say Lord Jenkins, OM, CH, GCVO, PC.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...