20230217

Friday February 25, 1983

 Fog today. Deep, deep fog. YP. Kathleen has told Austin-Clarke of my departure. Feel no terror but that might come with time. I have chosen a bad time to make myself redundant with 86m unemployed, but if I don't go now I never will. Phoned Mum and told her we will see her tomorrow. They were thinking about coming to see us but my request was accepted. They had Jim & Margaret last weekend and Jim did the plumbing. They gave them jugged hare for dinner.

Tonight we had chilli con carne and bean sprouts. Very hot. Ally dashed about packing for tomorrow. _____. A horrible American detective drama on TV. Tiresome. I looked at Pepys. It's annoying the way he bursts into French when writing anything remotely saucy. I kept nudging Ally for a translation. To bed after 10.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...