20230315

Thursday March 17, 1983

 St Patrick's Day - Bank Holiday in N Ireland

I got up with Ally and saw her off on her way. I watched her at the bus stop and we waved over the traffic.  I sat with a coffee and typed a letter to Jim Rawnsley asking if I can use him as a reference. My typing woke Glynnie who came downstairs with the little hair he has left standing on end. He was bemused at my secretarial skills. We ate scrambled eggs, beans and toast. Looked at photo albums and had more coffee. We cannot decide which was the funniest Ibiza holiday. Laughed about Billy. I posted the letter to Jim and met Ally at the hospital. Raining. Went to the Travellers Rest for lunch. Scampi and beer. Phoned Lynn. Audrey is on the mend, but for some reason is irritated by Henry, accusing him of 'wittering'. Phoned Janette and asked her and John to join us this evening. I slept after dinner and missed Top of the Pops. John & Janette came at 8 and we all went to the Bod. Glynnie, drinking pints, was hilarious.Listened to music and made merry. Dave insists he isn't going bald but has had a 'Phil Collins haircut' that's gone wrong. Back to our place for more ale and music. John is throwing a retirement party in my honour on April 9. Hee! Hee!

-=-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...