20230927

Monday August 15, 1983

Singing Nat King Cole's 'Stardust'
 Linthorpe Hotel, Middlesbrough

We receive our first pay cheque on Friday - thanks be to God. I haven't had a wage packet since April. How right I was to quit the YP. I have not missed or longed for any aspect of that job. Tonight Roy sat and quizzed me about licensing laws and what I know about them. This led to a late night orgy. Ally went to bed and I sat with Jon-Paul, Mags, Roy, Marie, Dave, James, CID Dave, &c. A riotous party. I fell flat on my back, resulting in bruising. Roy took down the microphone and we all sang until 4 in the morning, much to the agony of those trying to sleep upstairs. 'Song Sung Blue' by Neil Diamond and several Nat King Cole numbers later I grovelled up to bed. I recall dancing in the grip of Marie, who is like a great bear. Ally was awake __________.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...