20230927

Saturday August 13, 1983

Linthorpe Hotel, Middlesbrough

 A deadly quiet, peculiar day. Business so unpredictable. One Saturday quite opposite to another. Ally and I worked in lounge 1 with Janice who stands no nonsense from the customers and verbally assaults them.Afterwards we sat in a corner listening to the treasury of jokes from the repertoire of JT and Rose. Belly laughs. I love listening to joke telling but find it almost impossible to tell one. I either forget the punch line or give the game away long before the climax. Ally was tired and so we went up to bed. We are not sure that all the staff know of our expected delivery. Young Mike pinched Ally's buttocks the other day _________.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...