20230927

Saturday August 20, 1983

 Linthorpe Hotel, Middlesbrough

What's happening in the news? I simply do not know. I assumed that I would have to carry on reading the newspapers on a daily basis as I did for nine long years. Yet since April, or at least July, I haven't missed them. Is Koo Stark Duchess of York yet? Has Chad been annexed to Libya? How are the PM's eyes? Is David Steel now Viscount Peebles? Ally and I worked 11-2. Later we walked to Hinton's supermarket. Bought a film for the camera and a packet of biscuits for our room. Slept afterwards. Barbecue night. At 12 we went up to bed and Roy assured me that he will follow our example, but at 5am I could quite clearly hear him talking on the microphone. A band had been playing in the dining room and they had a knees up afterwards.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 19, 1984

A warm, gentle day. Ally and I took off to town with Samuel at 1pm. We didn't take the pram and I carried baby for two hours, by the end...